Wednesday, September 21, 2011

pasadena, ca - august 2011

Some times you go out on the street with a camera and come away with almost nothing.  That was my day in Pasadena, California the last week of August.  I spent almost three hours walking the downtown area around "old Pasadena".  I saw quite a few interesting things, but the images didn't show it very well.  Fortunately, the weather was great and I had some good coffee...  The one image that I did come away with is representative of what you see on the street in many cities.  Either the store fronts have a magnetic appeal or people love ignoring other people in need.  The guy in the wheel chair was shaking the cup in a circular motion to create quite a noise with the coins rattling around inside the cup.  Notice the whole group of people almost intentionally looking away.  I love how the guy in the wheel chair is staring intently at the crowd.  He certainly doesn't want to miss an opportunity for eye contact.  Unfortunately, my regret is that I didn't spend some time to hear his story.  It didn't really dawn on me at the time of the picture.  I was caught up in trying to find the next picture and I missed a huge opportunity.  But after seeing the image on the computer, it makes me want to find him next time I am in town.  I hope that is soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment